Monday, March 23, 2009

Updates

1. Mrs. Champa drove the Scooty down to the pool area yesterday, out on the open road with all the other scooters.
2. I was racially profiled. Today I got pulled over, although that doesn't really describe it when I'm idling at a light with a few hundred other vehicles and the cop walks up and says 'Do you have a license?' which I do, and "Do you have a pollution standard pass?" Which I did, but not with me. Luckily, because I was willing to pay the fine directly to him, on the spot, I got a 90% discount. Read b/w the lines, yall
3. DHL reports that my stuff has reached New York. I may have an IDP by Friday.
4. Yesterday marked our 1/2 way point. 6 months in India. We're averaging like .8 posts a day so far, for those of you who think the blog is all that really matters.
5. Potentially goodish biggish news on the way, but I'm not jinxing anything yet, speshly cuz I gotta get back to work. (And if you know, clam up.)

10 comments:

margaret said...

is it a bay-bee?

Maggie said...

that would indeed be big (HUGE) news, but no, no chota babus are on the way to us!

dshapi said...

Are you guys getting a Tata Nano?

ehirunner said...

No baby, or similarly sized cars--good guess though. You have to pay rs300 to apply for the Nano, from 4/9-4/25. They'll make 100k of them, and then distribute some time in August.

OTOH, I may get a Hero Honda Splendor+, particularly if I feel like I deserve a reward for all my hard work.

If we were playing 20 questions, I might say that its smaller than a baby, but bigger than a Tata Nano (in significance).

Maggie said...

Unless I can take the kids to Goa on the motorcycle, I vote no. Let's get a Fiat instead!

(Who wants to go to Goa with us? UD and J? Brooklyn Posse? AS and P? Meema? We're thinking sometime in April.)

(Yes, I'm serious - you should come!)

Grandpa George said...

I know what it is, but I'm not telling.

Susannah said...

dad didn't even tell me he knew, that scoundrel!

margaret said...

why's dad gotta be so flaunty? makes me wonder if you guys are about to get your social security checks or something. not a baby, not a car, is it a donut? and maggie, erinsson really wants to move to goa. it's like he's turning hippie on me all of a sudden.

ehirunner said...

Check to see if Dad is making the fat fox face. I haven't talked to him in over a week, so I don't know what he thinks he knows.

Imagine...erinsson in long hair and lennon glasses...

Maggie said...

YES! B.U.E. should be encouraged on the Goa front, especially if it means you all will need to come here and scout it out, which of course you will.

Do it guys! I'm thinking mid-April. Bet you could organize a trip by then.